Personal trainers can give you the guidance and inspiration needed to meet your fitness goals. A good trainer can give your workouts structure, consistency, and motivation. Investing in personal training is a decision that can change your life for the better, and choosing the right one is the first step.
It’s important to have a personal trainer that fits your unique needs – someone in your comfort zone and price range that understands you. It’s called “personal” training for a reason, and with so many different trainers to choose from in city as large as Atlanta, it can be tricky finding the right personal trainer.
Here are some things to consider when looking for a personal trainer:
- Personality: What motivates you? Kind words or tough love? If you’re just starting out, a more compassionate training style might suit you best. If you prefer a more aggressive style of personal training, there are also trainers that provide just that. Of course, a skilled personal trainer is able to vary his or her personal training style to suit their client’s needs. Some trainers even do the workouts with you, which can be a great way to either build your confidence or provide a challenge, depending on what you’re looking for. While every trainer is different, they all have the same goal in mind – to get you to where you want to be on your fitness journey.
- Experience: While it’s great to have a trainer you like, it’s equally important to have one who is qualified and knowledgeable. Anyone can tell you to lift weights or run, but an educated and experienced personal trainer understands the human body and the effect those exercises have. Look for a trainer certified through a credentialed program, a full list of which can be found here:http://www.credentialingexcellence.org/ncca. It is also preferable that your trainer has a medical background or an degree in kinesiology, exercise physiology, or physical rehabilitation.
- Flexibility: What’s your schedule like? Make sure your potential trainer is available when you are. If your schedule is especially tight or you are unable to travel, many personal trainers are able to come to your home, but usually at an additional cost.
- Specialty: What do you want to accomplish? Is your goal weight loss, bodybuilding, or to be ready for a big race? Find a personal trainer that can cater to your individual needs. They will create a custom workout plan tailored to your individual goals.
- Price: What’s your budget? The average personal trainer charges anywhere from $50-80 for a one hour session. If that’s outside your budget, group sessions are usually offered at a reduced rate.
With so many options for personal training in Atlanta, the search for the right trainer for you can seem overwhelming at first. But if you keep these qualities in mind, you’ll find exactly what you need to help you along your unique fitness journey.
If you live in the Atlanta area, start your search by checking out the personal training services at Body by V Fitness today!